Saturday, July 9, 2011

Men's Rolex Oyster Precision Submariner Chronometer Stainless Steel Watch



Men's Rolex Oyster Precision Submariner Chronometer Stainless Steel Watch
    by Dennis
In addition to it is ruggedness it is also stylish, correct (seven min. per month), waterproof, retains its value, and has tons of snob appeal. It is not basically a watch, it is an heirloom. This watch will be looking and walking strong when my grandson inherits it. Or I may pick to be buried with it.

I've owned my Submariner Date for about four years now, and I am not gentle with my timepieces. It is been covered in tar and resin, immersed in a variety of foul liquids, repeatedly assaulted with fine grade sand of the WORST things you can do to any mechanical device), dropped, banged, poked, prodded and frozen. And still, after a light scrubbing with soapy water as well as a toothbrush, it would fit right in on the red carped of the Oscars. It would not surprise me if it were bulletproof as well. In particular I am amazed at the indestructability of the sapphire crystal, which is still flawless even after all the abuse it is received. The `cyclops eye' over the date window seems to get the worst of it and it is scratch free. Other than to repair a broken bracelet clasp it's never been serviced. I have heard some people criticize how heavy and bulky it is, but you are not going to discover a wafer-thin `elegant' timepiece that will pass the tests this will.

The dial and hands contrast sufficiently to make this a very simple watch to read. I did have a small issue with the fact that there weren't any actual numbers around the dial, but I got over it. At least it is not like of those massively complicated chronographs that tell you such vital knowledge as the month and phase of the moon. In the event you don't know that, then you are probably not the type to wear a watch anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment